Monday, December 12, 2005

When Life Begins With Internet


Lifestyle in the internet began in June 2005. One of my friends in DepED motivated me to engage with internet literacy. Internet Cafe was in Kakuyagan Village, Jolo, Sulu located at the back of Sulu Public Hospital. It charged every internet user at the amount of P 30.00 per hour.

Inside the room, my friend, Abdurasul "Asul" S. Sajili who was TIC (Teacher In-Charge) of Kasambuhan Village Elementary School those days advised me to sit beside him. Seemingly, he appeared as my tutor in the world of internet. He instructed me using the mouse and keyboard in a step-by-step approach. Yahoo website was more popular than Gmail those years. Most of the internet users' account was Yahoo. So, Asul taught me how to create Yahoo account.

Internet users in Sulu and even other users in the globe loved Yahoo because of chat room. In addition to that, there was Yahoo Messenger where users might chat privately. Thus, I became addict on internet because of chatting. I used to go to the internet cafe even without the company of my tutor. Until now, I could never forget my Yahoo account that I used to open in Yahoo Messenger. It is 'turn2menow@yahoo.com'.

Some of my friends in Yahoo Messenger those times are also my friends now in the most famous social media, Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment